Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Grumpy Girl

I woke up grumpy today and I have no idea why.  The sun is not exactly 'out', but yesterday's torrential rains have stopped.  The birds are singing.  (Well, that may be part of the problem. The birds were singing while I was trying to sleep.  Have I mentioned before how loudly our birds sing?  They are freakishly loud.)  My car passed inspection yesterday without needing a dime's worth of repairs.  Our taxes were done a few weeks ago.  I haven't dropped a bunch of stitches or totally screwed up a piece of lace knitting.  And I've discovered the wonderful world of eye shadow primer.  (Are you aware how much difference eye shadow primer makes?  OMG!  It's like I've been introduced to a whole new world!)

Anyway.... There's no reason for me to be feeling like such a grumpy girl.  But I am.  And there's nothing worse than a blogger who does nothing but bitch & moan.  And it seems like I've been doing a lot of bitching & moaning lately.  Oops.  Sorry about that.  Oh, and by the way, the cold/pneumonia/bronchittis/total and complete lung rot disease I had is gone.  The other  night, I went to bed still unable to catch my breath between coughing attacks & woke up the next day magically cured.  Another reason I should not be feeling like such a grumpy girl.

Patons Kroy Socks yarn in Meadow Stripes slouchy girls or womens hat
#todayonmyneedles 

I'm so grumpy, I don't even feel much like knitting.  Even though my current project is fun and colorful.

But spring is in the air & it's hard to be grumpy when the outdoors is turning green.  Or in my case, yellow.


Dandylion yellow.  Our yard is a field of dandylions.


The bumblebees are enjoying the explosion of dandylions.

spring growth buds

The flowering bush that I planted last year is still alive.  I just wish I could remember what kind of flowering bush it is.  All I remember is that it's supposed to be extremely hardy, hardy enough to withstand me being it's caregiver, and that it's supposed to get really big.

Have I mentioned I'm not much of a gardner?

leaves budding on a grapevine

The grapevines will at least have leaves, if not grapes, this year.

daffodil blooms

Over the years, I've planted hundreds of bulbs.  Each year, exactly one blooms.  But this year, the annual daffodil produced two blooms.  It's a miracle!

wild daffodils growing in the woods

And an even bigger gardening miracle... a second patch of daffodils came up out in the woods.  The sad thing about this is the realization that the squirrels and voles are better gardeners than I am.

It's no wonder I'm a grumpy girl!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are feeling grumpy. You can join Scott, whose horse was being a butt on Sunday resulting in a sprained left knee for Scott and then yesterday he stepped on a toe on his right foot. So now he can barely walk. He will take Aleve, but he fights me about icing it, and NOOOOOOO doctors! Go look at pictures of tropical paradises; that should help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Scott! Serves him right though if he was in uniform. :) Hope he's feeling better & walking well soon.

    ReplyDelete