Tuesday, March 31, 2015

On the knitting needles

Today on my knitting needles is of course, the pi shawl.  Still.

Knitting a pi shawl and several hats while sick with the flu & binge watching Bloodlines on Netflix.
#todayonmyneedles
The pi shawl will probably still be on my needles when I die.  Or so it feels.  It's been six days since I knit the last increase & brought the stitch count up to 576 stitches per round.  Six days & I've managed to knit eight rounds.  Only 32 more to go.  And that's 32 rows before the outer edge border starts.  I'll definitely be dead before this shawl is finished.

I may even be dead from old age rather than this illness the entire family has.  Oh my gosh, we're all in bad shape.  It feels like a cross between bronchitis, the flu & pneumonia.  And maybe even rabies.  I don't know how rabies feels, but it can't be any worse than this.  And the whole family has it, except the son.  Knock on wood & say a prayer for the son.  He's the only one capable of walking upright at the moment.  Meanwhile the rest of us are hacking up our lungs, near tears from the head, sinus & ear aches, we can't swallow and I have so much snot in my head it's affecting my vision.  Yesterday, I fell asleep in the middle of a tweet and last night, my poor husband had the chills so bad I thought he was having convulsions.  In other words, we're pretty miserable at the moment.  All I can say is, we're making the Mucinex stock owners very rich.

On a more positive note, I was able to knit the brown hat in the photo above & started the blue one while binge watching Bloodlines on Netflix.  Bloodlines is a most excellent show & if you haven't watched it, do.  I may be partial to it because it takes place in the Florida Keys and so much of the scenery was recognizable.  In fact, I'm fairly certain one of the big scenes was shot on the beach where I had my infamous wind surfing accident.  If you haven't watched it, give it a try.  The story line was good, although I'll admit, the flashbacks everyone has were a little confusing at first.  But it is a good story and the scenery is gorgeous.  And even though I only 'lived' there for a few weeks at a time over the course of five or six years, the show made me homesick for the Keys.  As soon as I can stop coughing long enough to crawl to my car, I'm going back.  


No comments:

Post a Comment