Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Top-down

I lucked out at Michael's the other day.  I went in to exchange something and found Lion Brand Fishermen's Wool on clearance.  Fishermen's Wool doesn't come in the prettiest colors, but I like it for everyday hats & mittens.  I think of it more as work horse yarn than pretty, fashionable yarn.  But it was 50% off so I started tossing skein after skein into my cart.  Actually, I had to go get a cart, then I started the tossing-in process.  Whatever.  I came home with a LOT of Fishermen's Wool.  I even had enough of one dyelot to knit a top-down, ragland sweater for myself if I use a contrasting color for the neckband & cuffs.  So...

#todayonmyneedles

It's not the prettiest sweater ever knit, but it will be a nice wear-around-the-house, work horse sweater.  The pattern & yarn details can be found on my Ravelry page if you're interested.

I like knitting top-down sweaters.  It's so easy to try them on & see if adjustments need to be made.  This particular pattern is super simple and easily modified.  Back in the 90's I knit this pattern six or seven times.  Now, I feel like I'm visiting an old friend.

1 comment:

  1. Well you answered my question....I was wondering why you were knitting this sweater top-down. But that makes perfect sense.And while the color isn't splashy, it looks like what it is, a nice, cozy fall and winter sweater designed to keep you warm!

    ReplyDelete