Sunday, November 9, 2014

It's Pi


Blocking is complete for my Wendy Knits Pi shawl.  I even got a compliment from my husband.


He came in from work, saw the blocking process spread out all over the dining room table & said, "Wow, that's a monster.  That's really impressive."  That's about as complimentary as he gets when it comes to my knitting.  He just doesn't get it.  Yes, he gets that I need to knit for my sanity & everyone's safety.  He totally gets that.  He even shouts at me, "Oh, just go knit!" when I'm shouting at him for some silly little thing he's done.  What he doesn't get is the difference between hand knit & a Walmart purchase.  I'm not sure how we've managed to put up with each other this long with his obvious ignorance.  Maybe it has something to do with my lack of caring about lumber & car parts.  Rather than agreeing to disagree, we've agreed to ignore each other.

Anyway, I'm happy to have the Pi project completely scratched off my to-do list.  The only problem is that seeing it finished has made me want to start another.  The actual knitting part took place so long ago I can't even remember if I enjoyed it to the end or if it became one of those, "Good Lord, will I ever finish this?" projects.  I imagine I enjoyed it to the end.  I have never met a Wendy Knits pattern I didn't like.  Dammit!  Another pi shawl really does't fit into my panicking over Christmas knitting schedule.  But I do have the perfect yarn in the stash....

I may not be overly thrilled or grateful for my obsessive need to knit everything right now, today, but I am truly thankful for the beautiful autumn colors.  The view past our back gate it impressive.


I'm even more thankful for a husband with a leaf blower & a son who's still young enough to force rake duty on.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shawl. And when my son left for college, his parting words were "Now who is going to do all the work around the house?" Twelve years later, looking at windows that need to be washed, baseboards that need to be scrubbed, and spiderwebs way up high, it appears that the answer was "no one"!

    ReplyDelete