Friday, November 7, 2014

Gifts in the mail

Today I'm showing my appreciation for friends who send me unexpected gifts in the mail.  Snail mail in general is so much fun to receive but finding an unexpected package in the mailbox just makes me giddy.  It rates right up there with the UPS guy having to use his handcart to make a yarn delivery!  Over the years, I've received some pretty weird things in the mail.  I've received a pair of used Crocs, a six-pack of Coke in the old green glass bottles, a cheeseburger & fries and even rum soaked sand from a friend in Key West.  (Yes, there may be a story behind a few of those gifts.)  Most recently, I received this adorable tin of popcorn from my friend Kate.


I absolutely loved receiving this!  Not only was it unexpected but the popcorn delicious, & it's an adorable Halloween decoration.  But what makes it even more special is that I can set it on the shelf over my desk with the "side view" facing out & all I see is the black with white polka-dots.  It's a perfect, year-round, scrap yarn ball storage container!  Thank you, Kate!

By the way, Kate runs a fantastic genealogy research company, so if you are in need, look her up at www.historyandheritage.co.  Besides being a wonderful friend, Kate is a trained historian with mad research skills.  

1 comment: