Tuesday, September 2, 2014

How you spin it

It's all in how you spin it, right?  The last few weeks have been horrendous with one disaster after another.   Not major disasters like level 5 earthquakes or deaths in the family, just little mini disasters.  And I'm choosing to focus on the "mini" factor.  I'm staying positive because it could have been a whole lot worse.  I'm also choosing to document the positive spin so that I'll remember to focus on it rather than throwing myself a(nother) pity party.

Remember the missing camera?  I found it.  Then misplaced it again.  On the positive side, it was found long enough for me to charge the battery so that when I find it again, it will be ready to use.

Remember me getting a new (to me) car?  Someone smashed into it in the employee parking lot & didn't stop to report it.  I can not tell you how angry I am.  I'm not sure who I'm more angry with - the fellow employee who didn't have the guts to admit what they'd done or Security who acted like it was just way too much trouble to write up the report.  But, to look at it positively, my daughter has recently gotten her learner's permit.  If she wrecks the car while learning to drive, oh well.  She won't be the first one to do so.

I found another snake, a teeny, tiny baby one, in the garage.  Google tells me that, based on it's size, it was recently born & there could be nine more just like it somewhere close by.  On the positive side, it was not poisonous & Google also tells me they eat bugs as well as mice.  I'm having a hard time accepting the possibility that there may be nine more bug & mice eating, non-poisonous snakes out there, but at least it wasn't a copperhead.  That's the true positive side of that story.

Our household a/c died but the brother-in-law came to our rescue.  When I got home that night, it was so cold in the house I had to put on a sweater & socks!

I caught the Cash Control Creeping Crud disease that we've been passing around at work.  It's a nasty, nasty bug.  It's the worst possible cold you can imagine times about ten gazillion.  My sinuses were so stopped up & sore I couldn't even put lotion on my face.  Even my teeth ached.  My ears felt like someone was shoving cotton balls into them with an ice pick.  To add to the fun, I kept tipping over because my balance was off from the ear congestion.  I had weird Frankenstein type lumps sticking out of my neck and I used more than two rolls of toilet paper blowing my nose over the course of one day.  (We never have tissues when we need them.)  On the positive side, I had no appetite & lost a pound or two.  I also didn't seem to spread it to anyone else in the family.  Thank you, Jesus!

The house took a direct hit from a bolt of lightening.  The noise was deafening & it felt like the house had been knocked off it's foundation.   On the positive side, we are not deep charred crispy critters.

The a/c is broken.  Again.  Of course, it's also the hottest day of the year.  (Which in itself is weird.  We are having our hottest day in September instead of July or August.)  On the positive side - think of the electricity we are saving by not having the a/c running.

And the biggest positive of all.... The theme park where I work "closed" for the season yesterday.  I say "closed" because it's still open on weekends for special events.  But, I have my weekdays, at least most of them, off now.  Yay!  Freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment