Thursday, July 3, 2014

TBT - Happy Birthday


Happy Birthday, Liza.  You will forever be missed.

I'm also wishing America a happy birthday!  I hope everyone has a fun & happy Independence Day. I'll be spending the day at work, assuming hurricane Arthur doesn't cause too much trouble.  One nice thing about working on July 4th will be free front row seating for an awesome fireworks display without the hassle of looking for a parking space.

Since I'm working tomorrow (July 4th,) and Mike will likely be spending the day doing storm damage service calls, we are celebrating today.  Or at least trying to.  Our food may be soggy, but watching Mike try to grill in a pre-hurricane thunderstorm is rather entertaining.

As far as knitting news goes, I haven't made any photo-worthy progress.  I've only completed a few rounds on the Christmas socks.  I've been focusing on the Allegro sweater and am only two rows away from putting the sleeves on stitch holders.  (It's a top down, raglan...)  Once the sleeve stitches are gone, the knitting should go faster.

Once again, I hope you have a wonderful, safe Independence Day!  I'm off to eat soggy barbequed chicken.  It may be wet, but it sure does smell good!

No comments:

Post a Comment