Saturday, June 7, 2014

Material Girl

So, this week, I'm definitely a material girl.  It's been an excellent week for obtaining stuff.


Yet another KnitPicks order arrived.  Cheer, Lighthouse & Splash, all clearance Felici sock yarns.    Rating up there with new yarn is my new tablet.  I've been wanting one forever but since I spend every dime on yarn.....  Anyway, the spouse texts me out of the blue one evening to say that he's bought me a gift.  He came home with my tablet.  Best Husband Ever!  (He also drove all the way home from working in a different state to take care of our bat problem.  That officially makes him THE BEST HUSBAND EVER!!!)  And on my day off from the summer job, my daughter, our friends & I had a girls day out shopping trip.  I scored The most comfortable flip flops ever, a Vera Bradley bag from a second hand store so it was dirt cheap.  Well, dirt cheap for Vera Bradley.  It also looks like it's never been used.  I'm so excited!  I love the fabric colors & pattern and the size is perfect for a small project knitting bag.  I also found deli paper at Costco to use with my art journaling.  I'm really excited about this find.  1,000 sheets for $9.99.  I can now paint/create myself silly.

Sadly, I'm calling the Estuary shawl an epic fail.  I'm not throwing away the pattern because I love the shawl and one day, in the far distant future, I will attempt it again.  But for now, I do not have the patience for it.  I don't know why I struggled so because it's really not a difficult thing to knit, but for some reason....  I could not knit this thing to save my life.  I had to knit, rip, & re-knit every single row.  Sometimes multiple times.  It was proving to be a very unenjoyable project & life is too short to be irritated that much by something that is supposed to bring joy & a sense of calm.


The moment I press "Publish" at the end of this post, that baby is getting frogged & the needles are going back  into their storage container so that I'm not tempted to give it one more shot.  At least not right now.

Meanwhile, progress on the Ladder scarf is almost as slow as the progress on the Estuary was.  Good grief!  I knit & knit & knit but the scarf never seems to grow in length.


Part of the problem could be that the theme park I work for has suddenly gone from being open only on weekends to seven days a week.  It hasn't left a lot of time for knitting.  Luckily, I woke up way too early today & have a few extra hours before I have to get ready for work.  I'm going to fill those hours by watching Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing & ladder scarf knitting.

Anyone else out there a Joss Whedon fan?


No comments:

Post a Comment