Sunday, February 5, 2012

Blogging Woes

I've been trying to get a post typed all day & each time, I was either unable to log on or Blogger ate it.  It's now 12:50 a.m., I have to get up in less than 5 hours and it seems Blogger is finally going to let me create a post.  Grrr.  Oh well, at least I was finally able to log in & at least start a post.  Let's see if I can get it finished.

And while I'm complaining, let me just say a brief Grrrr! to the fact that all day long, I was too stupid to type the post on Pages then just copy it here once I was finally able to log in.  I really do think I may need Alzheimer's medication.

Earlier, I was going to chat about all the cowls I've been making lately.  I listed several in the shop today.  The yarn I used was Deborah Norville's Serenity Garden.  Can't say I particularly enjoyed knitting with it - it seemed to be very splitty, but I LOVE the finished effect.  I love the colorways and I love the knitted fabric.  I'm thinking about using it for a t-shirt or tank.  I think wearing either would feel like being naked because the fabric is so soft & light weight.

Now, I'm over the excitement of getting the cowls listed & have moved on to being excited about the REACH TRO donation shawl.  I started the beaded bind off this evening.  Actually, I guess I started it somewhere between 6 & 7 p.m.  I worked on it all evening & by 12:30 a.m., I was just slightly past the half way point.  Sheesh.  Beeded bind offs take forever!  I really like them though & think my choice of going with the GunMetal beads rather than the Oyster ones was the right way to go.  I'm very pleased with the way the shawl is turning out.

As for Zack & his weekend of bowling tournaments, Friday night was the scratch tournament.  It was 80 of the best of the best youth bowlers in the area.  Zack came in 4th place in both doubles & singles.  For the singles, he was only 31 pins from first place.  Today's tournament was singles & doubles for the City Championship.  Zack bowled his average of 220 for both, which means he didn't place, but I still think he did a great job when you take into consideration tournament nerves & being on unfamiliar lanes.  Tomorrow is the teams portion of the tournament.  He's on a good team & they should do well if they can all keep it together.

I just hope I get to go watch tomorrow's bowling action.  Sarah seems to be coming down with the flu.  I don't want to leave her home alone if she's sick.  Actually, I'm a bit tempted to label her as officially sick tonight so I don't have to set my alarm clock for 5:30 a.m.   And speaking of alarm clocks....  I'm down to less than 4.5 hours before I have to be getting up.  Guess I better sign off & hit the sack.

Nighty night.

1 comment:

  1. You are one BUSY lady! Can't wait to see pics of the beaded shawl. Good luck to Zack's team today!

    ReplyDelete